Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Something Profound

"...the most amazing thing was spoken in my soul yesterday morning,
Easter......I was watching a couple of the preachers I watch on TV on Sunday
mornings....and one, Joel Osteen .....touched upon this subject that just
brought me to tears. He said......You are not from your mother, you were just
birthed through her.....You are from Christ. You are His child and
have His DNA. I used to panic thinking about how genetically I
am predestined to depression, addictions, anxiety.....but I now know, that
just because my mother made her decisions to stay on that broken
path.......I won't."

A very dear friend of mine posted this on a board I'm on with her. It really hit home with me. I love it when someone says something so profound that I can finally put a feeling or emotion of mine into words. My parents weren't perfect when I was growing up. I have been hurt so many times and felt so unloved by my mother over the years. I don't want to get into details at this time but I'll just say that it hasn't been the most enjoyable ride thus far.

I've been thinking about this for the last two days. I am from Christ. My mother was just my passage way onto Earth. I can change my attitude and my ways. I am my own person...completely seperate from my mother. I don't have to become a clone of her or raise my children as she raised me. I feel empowered today by my friend's statement.

This is just another small step towards following and finding my bliss. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© Following My Bliss 2007. All Rights Reserved.