Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A sign from God. No really...you must read this!

"For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
-Jeremiah 29:11, NIV


I really love that passage from the Bible. It brings me peace just thinking about it.

This week has truly been a blessing from God. My husband is back. He's the man I fell in love with and the one I married. This past week he came to 2 of our daughter's soccer games, he didn't bring work home at all last week, he spent quality time with the family and he took the entire weekend off so he could surprise us with a camping trip! It was absolutely glorious!

We went to Nathrop, Colorado which is about 5 miles West of Buena Vista. It's absolutely breathtakingly beautiful out in that part of the state.

Something amazing happened. Read this...it's really quite amazing:

We were driving along a pretty desolate stretch of road about 30 miles south of Natrop. There were mountains all around us and an occasional farm house in the distance. The night was clear and the stars were out. It was about 10:30pm. All the kids were asleep and I was just staring off into space when I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I had never seen anything like it in my entire life. I saw a glowing green and blue and purple ball of flame shooting across the sky right in front of our truck. At first I thought it was part of an airplane on fire. It was huge! I realized it was a meteorite! When I saw it it scared the living daylights out of me so I screamed "OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT?!?!?!?!" and it woke up our 2 girls immediately. They both bolted forward to see out the front windshield of the truck and my step daughter started to hyperventilate she was so scared. It really was that creepy looking. Yet it was beautiful all the same.

To me it was a sign directly from God. I'll tell you why. I had been praying over quite a few areas in my life about 30 minutes before I saw this meteorite. I asked God for a sign about one particular issue that had been bothering me. After we saw the meteorite I even told my husband that it was a gift for all of us and a sign for me specifically. What are the odds that one would land in a field not even 300 yards from our truck in the middle of nowhere at that very instant we were driving by there and not 30 minutes from the time I asked God for a sign. I don't believe in coincidences at all. I believe everything happens for a reason.


I am content today. My husband told me that he was relaxed last night. I haven't heard those words come from his mouth in over a year.

Another miracle... We've been praying for my father to find another part time job. Right now he has one but it's not enough to support my parents. He's been trying to find another job for quite some time. Well not only did he get a job but it's the job he could only dream about and the hours that he could only dream about. It is a perfect fit for his life and his situation. Only God could have answered our prayers so perfectly.

It's amazing how when I tune into God and follow his path, amazing things happen.

Yesterday I had an unbelievable urge to join Weight Watchers. I hadn't even considered the idea. I have been trying other things to lose weight this year but nothing was working. I got an email yesterday morning and it had an inspirational story attached to it that could have been written by me. I could see myself in place of this woman in her story. The similarities were just uncanny. I couldn't ignore that sign either so I signed up immediately. No hesitation on my part.

It feels so right. I did program all day yesterday and I feel so comfortable with it today. It just makes total sense to me and it works. I should know...I've done this 5 times already. It's the only program that ever helped me lose weight. Ever.

So I'm on WW #6. I know that this time is different. Everything feels different about it. Everything feels lined up this time. I'm ready and willing.

I am finally finding my bliss. My husband is slowly finding his too and life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© Following My Bliss 2007. All Rights Reserved.