Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Fasting.

I've been researching the subject of fasting this past few days. I feel like God is leading me towards something pretty big. I feel a revelation is about to take place. I want to really open my eyes and my ears so I don't miss the message He has for me.

I have never fasted before voluntarily. Sure I've fasted when I was very ill in the past or when I just couldn't find time to eat on a particular day. I want to fast for a purpose now. I want to gear up for a lifetime of fasting rituals. I want to do this for spiritual and physical reasons. All throughout the Bible fasting is talked about. I never realized just how many times it was mentioned in there before. I love the thought of fasting to honor God and to really draw myself closer to Him. I also want to start really taking care of my body...ie His temple...by fasting and eating raw and organic foods.

For years I have been overweight and have let food control me. I have disgraced this temple of mine and I wish I had found the strength to change this weakness of mine...this hold food has over me.

I want to change that now. I believe if I fast once a month I can free some of the toxin build up in my system and really focus my energy on praying during those fasting times. That sounds wonderful! Heal my body and draw closer to the Lord. How exciting!

I just got back from the store. I stocked up on all natural and organic foods and tomorrow I will have a pretty large shipment of organic fruits and veggies delivered to my door. I feel blessed to live in a place where all this stuff is so readily available and affordable! What a gift!

My plan is to eat nothing but raw veggies and fruits and beans and tofu for the next few days to get my body ready for a 24 hour fast. Once I do the 24 hour fast I will resume eating healthy regular meals. After that my plan is to try a 2 or 3 day fast by drinking just waters and freshly squeezed fruit juices. I don't plan on doing fasts past 3 days max. I would love to work up to 7 day stretches but I know that will take a LOT of dedication and commitment on my part. Not to mention I really need to exercise to lose a lot of this excess weight before I do more than 24 hour fasts.

So fellow readers...do not be alarmed. I am planning on doing this VERY healthfully and intelligently. No harsh crazy fasting diets for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© Following My Bliss 2007. All Rights Reserved.